1. That one kid in the gifted class who doesn’t seem as smart as your kid (who isn’t in the gifted class) probably isn’t.
2. Your kid isn’t as smart as you think.
3. If your child “just doesn’t test well” they’re doomed.
4. When the principal tells you they don’t have a gifted program, but it's okay because they differentiate in their regular classes, they're really saying, we’ve got nothing for your child.
5. Giftedness does not equal success.
6. Success does not equal giftedness.
Another interesting thing to note, every year I have a handful of students who just can't seem to grasp complex ideas, yet they were able to score well on our state standardized test to qualify for my class.